• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Console Symbol Meaning?

blooper

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 1988 komatsu pc200lc not sure if it's a - 3 or 5. My question is regarding the symbols on the drivers console, there is one that is infrequently flashing, it's under the warning side... But I can't find a legend for the symbols anywhere. I have no manual. I am assuming it is a low hydraulic level indicator, but I haven't run a machine since I was in university. The symbol has a flat line under a circle with waves in it. I can take a pic if needed. Any suggestions either what it is or where I can find a legend? Tks!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I believe that is the low water in the reservoir alarm. There should be a plastic reservoir mounted above the batteries. Make sure there is coolant in there to cover the sensor. There are two wires going into a sensor on the bottom of the tank. To test the alarm unhook the harness connector and the alarm with stay on all the time. To make it go out make a jumper wire and push the ends into the harness plug completing the circuit. The alarm should then go out.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Maybe low engine coolant level?

On edit: LoL, John C pulled the trigger before I did.

blooper

Tks fellas, I'm going out to take a pic, see what you think...

blooper

Its the middle symbol....waiting for mod pic approval

Last edited:

blooper

middle symbol meaning?

middle symbol, meaning?

Attachments

• symbol.JPG
    symbol.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,749

Tony

John C. is 100% correct. It's your "low coolant" alarm. Fill the plastic reserve tank at the top of the radiator to just above the sensor and your light will go out. This was a very common question on the -3 and -5 series Komatsu excavators.

Also, if your machine is a 1988 model, it's a Dash -3 series machine.

Good luck with it. They were a great machine.

Best,
Tony

blooper

Awesome, thanks so much for the info. Been playing with the machine the last couple days, it works surprisingly well. Other than a minor exhaust leak and aux line leak, all seems well.