• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Connecting used backhoe

Walker1

I bought a very lightly used D-130 backhoe last year. I finally found the time to fab the brackets to mount it to my Case 1845B. The backhoe has been sitting outside with the inlet and outlet hose capped, so it is not full of dirt/water, but I don't know what type/condition the oil is in. The hoe was very lightly used. It has the original paint on it and there is still some on the bucket, original grip tape still on the steps, little wear on the outriggers. I think it was mounted to a small tractor because of the brackets (homeade) that were on it.
When I get it mounted to my skidsteer how should I treat the unknown oil issue? Just cycle several times, then change the fluid in my skidsteer? I do have a portable 110vac power unit that I could cobble together with it, but don't know if that is worthwhile or effective, or needed. I could let the return oil run into a bucket until it runs the same as the oil in my skidsteer.
Anybody have any better ideas?

Also, I still need to install the backhoe diversion valve. I have the Tee in the return line for the backhoe, but there was never a valve installed for it. I can find the valve, but have not ordered it or installed it. In the mean time, can I use the valve for the AUX hydraulics that are on the boom? I will likely eventually connect my Auger, so don't want to make it permanent, but the diversion valve for the Aux circuit is the same part as the additional backhoe valve. FOr that matter I could even simply run hoses to the back of the machine and plug into the rear Aux power. Is there any reason why this would not be a good idea?

stovein

Do you have quick couplers on the aux boom lines? I don't see that you would need a diversion valve unless you have hydraulic thumb on it. As long as there is constant flow to the boom lines thats where I would hook it up.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
My 1845 rear lines are just tee'd from the front aux and are controlled from a valve on the floor, you should be able to just hook em up and go... I forget the gpm but I think it's around 10-12... should be fine for a tiny backhoe unit. As for the fluid why don't you just drain some from the backhoe and see what it looks like, give it the sniff test ;) as long as it's not hydrogenated or some other contamination from whoever ran it last I would just run it if it looks to be hydraulic fluid in it now.

Walker1

I have quick couplers on the boom. Since the boom has to be up to connect the hoe it is not quite convenient to connect it there, rear is more convenient. The problem with hooking it to either is the flow is interrupted when the pedal is released, and is reversible with the pedal.

stovein

I would think the d130 is newer than my d100, mine has a quick attach plate on it and then I have made upper mounts to whatever skidsteer it is needed on. Had it on a bobcat 632 and now on the new holland. If you have to remodel the hitch go with a plate that will fit your quick tach and work from there for upper mounts to the frame. Are you sure there is no detent position on the aux pedal?

Walker1

The D-130 is a fair bit bigger than the D-100 and mounts onto the body of the skidsteer, not the loader frame. I am in the process of building hte mount. It is exactly like the mount that is supposed to go there from the manual, so I don't anticipate any trouble getting it mounted. The aux pedal will always return to neutral when released. The factory fluid circuit diagrams show an additional selector valve for the backhoe, with an additional set of QDs on the body just outside the cab.