• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ConExpo

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
I see on Bobcat's website they're advertising their display booth at the ConExpo. They have about 35 machines in the picture. Is there really that many in the display? If so the WOW. At the last Heavy Equipment show around here they had 2. That show must be huge.

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
I believe it is 42 acres total indoor and outdoor space. :eek2 I would love to go some day.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I am going this year. I will take pictures, with my new digital camera (first for me) From what I have been told, it is like Disneyworld, you will never get to see everything.

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
The biggest tradeshow in this hemisphere this year

Conexpo-Con/Agg 2005 has already booked 1.8 million square feet of exhibit space. They should see about 120,000 visitors. Industry publication, Tradeshow Week, ranked CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2002 as the largest trade show of any industry that year. It's real big.

L

Last edited:

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Wish I could go... the last day of it is the last day of school before spring break for me... :(

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Show goes through Saturday the 19th. A weekend in Las Vegas could be a great way to kick off Spring Break . . .

I'm still learning how to use this message board, or I would post some photos from 2002. If you want to see them, go to www.conexpoconagg.com, click on "Media Services" on the lower left, and then "2002 Photos."

L

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
Well, i was hesitant at first about going but my friends convinced me to go. I was able to book the flights i wanted last night. I'll be there from wednesday moring and leaving friday afternoon. Should be an awesome time

cat320

Charter Member
Where are you going to stay when your out there?
If you say on the same side as the monorail it will drop you right off at the show and you will not have to pay $$$ for a cab. A must for any one going you have to get to mandilanbay for those extreme bars and restaraunts.

huffmanmb

Occupation
IUOE Apprentice Equipment Operator
How many attended the 02 show? I went in 99 but couldnt make the last one. Cant wait to board the plane next week. Any one attending any of the classes/seminars?

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
In-laws have a condo. So it is free for me and my wife. Plan on playing a lot of golf as well. Weather should be nice.

JoeDirtMi

Plan ahead!

Best advice as a 2-time atendee is to make use of one of the pre-planning guides/maps in the con eq magazines lately- there is so much and it is so spread out, that you should hilight out the companies you want to see, and actually plan a route so you can see what you need to, because they are so spread out, and many are not together. Invariably, you'll see some display you'll spend time at like the JCB booth, with the shows, the Link-Belt booth with their you-participate rodeo, or the Komatsu booth with their giant bar! Plan ahead so you can see what you need to , and ask lots of questions!

Good luck! :usa

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
talk to you all Saturday, me and my dad will be taking off in about 12 hrs, should be a good time....i bought an extra memory stick for the camera and plan on lots of pics..... :usa

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
We are not leaving till midweek, but tonight the news was showing a storm for the weekend. That is a concern to me. For once I do not want it to snow.

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
wow what a big show, can't even comprend what i just saw...took about 4 days and i think i missed a few things but overall saw a lot and talked a lot.,,,thats all for now too tired..........

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
I'm still beat from the show, i didn't wake up till almost 1pm today. I wish i could have stayed another day because there was a bunch of stuff i didn't really get to check out.

I did manage to take a bunch of photos, heres a link to them-

Photos

For anyone thinking about going to the show and didn't, its worth it to go for even a day or two, there is nothing around that you can compare to this show. No matter what my friends told me about the show, you won't believe it till you see it.