• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concord Demolition summer 2008

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
nice pictures!
was that a 385 with telescopic boom?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Wow!! Hard to believe that place is gone. I first was there while in high school, we had a band conference of some sort and had to stay overnight due to a surprise blizzard. While the conference rooms were very elegant, the hotel rooms were very run down and not too clean, I was surprised but at that age didn't realize what might come from that.

I went to a heavy truck convention there and went to the Fire Chief's convention almost annually and again, the convention areas were nicely kept. I remember one year a heavy weight boxer (an Italian guy who's name I can't remember) was training there during the chief's convention. This would have been in the early 80s, the boxer was a contender for the championship.

That place had a lot of history and was well known throughout the state. It did seem however that unless you appeared to have money you weren't treated very well. I rode my motorcycle to the truck convention and even though I was neatly dressed no one there would give me the time of day. I knew there were troubles there when the Chief's convention found another venue to exhibit at.

Are there plans at all to rebuild or were they simply cleaning up a hazard?

Wolf

what building is that? Is that the Concord hotel in the Catskills? didn't know they tore it down. wow, what's going up in its place?

D5G

how come there are so many different companies working on this job? Tano, Testa, Nacirema, and whoever the hitachi belongs to? Was the place really big?

Wolf

You mean you guys rented the equipment from all of those companies, but they weren't working on the jobsite with you? It was all Tano Demo doing the work, right?

That’s just some of the heavy equip their.. To answer your question. Some equip was dry and some was with an operator. Dry meaning we rented just the machine. When I get a chance ill post more pics.

Now this is the same job but different building this is named building 400

back to the other one

When i get more time i will post some more

Last edited: