• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Comebacks

partsandservice

I build the engine in an AXY back in March. 3126b. Get the call that the oil pressure warning came on and engine lost power. Got it to shop. Plumbed in a manual guage . At idle cold have 40 psi and increasing with throttle. After the engine is warm , I hold the throttle down , watching good oil pressure on manual guagg and the oil pressure warning light comes on, I let off the throttle and shortly there after the light goes off . I hook the scan up and watch the live data , the oil pressure that the ecu is reading starts dropping at throttle to about 14 psi and this is when the light comes on. I unplug the oil pressure sensor and a code pops up for fuel actuation pressure low. Then I unplug the fuel actuation sensor data says no input from oil pressure sending. So they have the same plug and are close enough to each that they were hooked backwards. Swapped them and all is good. I would assume that the swap was done at the time of rebuild. So the question now is what psi should the fuel pressure delivery should be at throttle. It was obviously higher untill this point or this issue would already happened. It does not trigger a code for low fuel delivery at this point.

partsandservice

Thanks Mark 250, I had determined that the part numbers were the same after the fact. I would make sense that fuel delivery pressure would drop as fuel usage was increased. My aftermarket diagnostic system does not show data for fuel delivery pressure. I was only able to see it when the plugs were incorrectly swapped. The heiu pump was replaced at rebuild and it came with a new fuel supply pump. At this point it is not showing any runnability issues.