• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

College Degrees???

dirthog28

Well CCM1995 I'm a little more partial to Purdue ;) spent 4 years in their CM program. I've alway heard the 3 schools you pentioned for CM, but have never heard anything or knew that Florida offered a program.

raschmid

I have definetly enjoyed it so far, but the pre-Building Science classes haven't been hard at all up until Structures. Physics on the other hand, has been absolutely no fun. I'm looking forward to getting into the program, everyone I know that is or has been in it has loved it. The new building is incredible, it's worth your time to check it out next time you are in town. I know it's LEED certified, I want to say silver but don't hold me to that. I definetly would like to talk to you at some point, like you said earlier I should have done civil engineering but that much math and science would kill me. By the way, definetly no A-zone pass yet, so the transit from the fraternity house will have to do for now.

cbhfour

War Eagle! Auburn--Marketing. My father and Grandfather are both CE grads from Auburn. Being in Atlanta, most of the respected GC's have several AU BSC graduates. My close friend and best client is a grad of the AU program and loved every bit of it. I went with him to the BSC banquet/scholarship dinner last year.

PRDiesel

Business Administration from College of Charleston in SC.
Worked on and in heavy equipment all through HS and college but now I'm in an office and don't recommend it. :(

KevD815

I was a mechanical engineering major for two years but i soon realized i would be spending a life time in an office so **** THAT!!! I'm workin on a Construction Management degree now. I love it. The course work really covers all areas of construction so i learned/am learning alot. It gets into a fair amount of engineering also such as calculating concrete mixes, formwork loads, sizing mechanicals, etc. I work in the field and thats where i want to stay for at least a few years so i look at my degree as something that will allow me to move up in the company after my knee and back finally give out haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

millertime778

Occupation
Vice President- City Hill Construction Inc.
I went to Pennsylvania College of Technology for the heavy equipment operators program. I enjoyed it very much. They allso have Diesel programs and Construction management programs.

jasen004

I went to Pennsylvania College of Technology for the heavy equipment operators program. I enjoyed it very much. They allso have Diesel programs and Construction management programs.

lol I knew I'd find someone on here Mr. "My names jared miller, I like to run motor grader."

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
Degree in Agricultural Business here.I figured out I made more money running big yellow Machines(CAT) instead of big green machines(John Deere).

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums JCLadson and Schwartz319!:drinkup