• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Close Quarter Grading

Northart

Here's a close quarter complex grading project I did, with a Case 570 Gannon Box skip loader. And with lot of hand labor work. :) The other Case 580 feed material or hauled it off as needed,during the grading operation. Worked good for the job we had. Don't want to do another one either . LOL :)

It's a Storage place. Autos, household goods ,a couple enclosed units, even for RV Motor Homes,etc.

The Cat 14G grader was too wide for grading between the building. Only could get the perimeter areas.

Painstaking work to get the drainge proper. The grade was criticial in some areas, as so flat, barely flowed, so had to paint flow lines for the paving crew, and make sure they rolled it properly.

Watched them like a hawk when paving and rolling. Had went over it with a pre job, for the paving crew so they knew, how critcial it was. They did it right and NO bird baths resulted. They done a good job ! :)

Sorry no paving pictures . Can't find them or never took them, 2003 .

Attachments

• IM001349.jpg
    IM001349.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 810
  • IM001347.jpg
    IM001347.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 817
  • IM001348.jpg
    IM001348.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 833

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Well you did a good job. How do you like your skip loader. Never run one before but aren't they just a backhoe loader without the excavator part and put a 3 point hitch on?

Northart

Gannon Box

Hello Dieselnut,

Yes, basically a rubber tired backhoe, minus the backhoe, with the all hydraulic box. 4 way. Plus the ripper.

Run with the loader raised all the way in the air, when using the box, for tight quarter manuevering.

Yes, I really liked the machine for the job. I know I would of rearranged the controls, lever functions, into a more handy pattern. It was a rental.

It did a great job though.:)