• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark 75 Brakes

Nick Stiletto

Hi All, I am back again and resuming the rebuild of the brakes on the Clark 75-3A. I've relined the shoes, new wheel cylinders, bearings, seals etc. Time to button it up. BUT! The Hydreco valve is still concerning me. Has anyone ever replaced the brake system in a Clark loader with a Brake master / booster out of another loader? The one thing I keep hearing is that the brakes on these Clark loaders have never been that good. Looking at the drums and shoes I don't see why, unless its because the master and assist is anemic. ANY help would be appreciated.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Hi All, I am back again and resuming the rebuild of the brakes on the Clark 75-3A. I've relined the shoes, new wheel cylinders, bearings, seals etc. Time to button it up. BUT! The Hydreco valve is still concerning me. Has anyone ever replaced the brake system in a Clark loader with a Brake master / booster out of another loader? The one thing I keep hearing is that the brakes on these Clark loaders have never been that good. Looking at the drums and shoes I don't see why, unless its because the master and assist is anemic. ANY help would be appreciated.
Any chance of a picture or two of this brake master/booster? Been many years since working on air over hydraulic brake which is what I think you are describing. While by todays standards they might not be too impressive but should be at least adequate if machine is used with care.

Nick Stiletto

Any chance of a picture or two of this brake master/booster? Been many years since working on air over hydraulic brake which is what I think you are describing. While by todays standards they might not be too impressive but should be at least adequate if machine is used with care.
I don't have a pic, The machine is in Montana, and I'm in Colorado. I wanted to see if someone has done this before. I am told the brakes on the Clark really suck, and after speaking to someone who actually operated this machine who told me he used the "bucket" as brakes! We are operating on steep terrain, so I would like to have some brakes.