• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chippewa Valley Equipment in WI a reputable company?

TreeHogger

Greetings - I am buying a used bucket cylinder for my JD 490D from the above company, and paying them to put a kit in it and ship it to me...

If anyone has had performance problems with this company, please send me a Private Message highlighting your experience - I'd appreciate it (or a straight-up reply if they're good). (Always a little disconcerting giving a heretofore unknown person your credit card number in exchange for a promise to deliver on something!)

Thanks,
Mark

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
If this is the one at Holcombe, WI, I bought a log skidder from him 6 or 7 years ago and had no issue dealing with them. They took my old machine in trade that they offered me a fair price, sight unseen, based on my word, and we made a very fair deal. They delivered the new(to me) one and picked my trade up. He called me a day later and thanked me for sending a machine that matched the description. I would readily deal with him again. My nephew who grew up in Holcombe went to work for him a couple years later,until he went into business for himself, and he speaks well of him. Hope all goes as well for you. That being said, I have no clue if the business has changed hands since, but I have not heard that it has. Good luck.

TreeHogger

Thanks Old Iron Habit - (my place is just SW of Moose Lake about 80 miles!)

And, thanks for the detailed reply; yes, Holcombe...

~ Mark

aras80

We bought a 1997 Link Belt 2650 from them almost exactly a year ago. Nothing but good things to say!