• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

caterpillar plant

catwelder

Occupation
welder
well I have went back to where my name comes form back to building skid steers for caterpillar and was wondering for any of yall who has bought them if yall went and toured the factory where your machine was built

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Never bought a Cat machine but worked on lots of them at the quarry. Back when we had management people that understood the need to have people trained to work on this equipment I did get to go to a few different Cat training sessions. At least twice in the Peoria Ill area and once down in York Pa where they were building injection systems and such. Not sure if it was just the plants I was at or the time of day or what ever but sure seemed to be a huge amount of untapped potential in those places. This was over a period of time from the mid 1970's till maybe the 1990's.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I see corporate Cat is moving to rented space in Chicago. The new world headquarters in Pieora is now canceled instead of postponed. They claim decreased travel costs and saved time is a big factor in moving the top tier 100 people or so to Chicago.