• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Leroy

CAT D7E (eletric); Can anyone tell me about these units, We have read about them but none have been delivered to Australia yet, probly next 2or3 years before we will see one down under Cheers Leroy:drinkup

BRO

Deas Plant
I know nothing about Heavy equipment , However Iam 64 and I have always done all my own Mechanic work , Raised on a Farm

I read you have Experience with D8
I have a good friend who has an old D8, the Steering Brakes are Frooze or not Working, can you Please tell me how to Trouble Shoot it

gerjac03

how and where does the tack on a cat 730 articulated truck pickup ....i am having trouble with the tack its reading 0 all the time

Rgtt cat

The steering/brake control valve has 4 test ports. You may want to test these pressures to determine
if you have a linkage problem or hydraulic problem. Oil supply is from the transmission pump with a priority
valve that supplies oil to the steering valve first. If you need more info I would need a machine serial number.

ricardo mann

hi sorry to but in on this i am having a lot of trouble identifying my cat 3208t marine engine . no data tags on rockers .i can not find a stamped no on the block . is there a number on the injector pump? can not find tags . can anybody on hear help thanks Ricky

Diesel_doc89

Occupation
Machine Operator for Universal Fibers
hey i am new on here and have many questions about CAT. I have recently started the diesel program at Tennessee Tech. I want to work on or for CAT machines, but sadly only have 1 cat engine in our shop. I want to learn everything i can about these machines but have no starting point. I might start the CAT university online program in the near future, but from what i have seen of it its just basics. I would also like to find out about any specialty tools used on CATs i might need. Thanks, any help is greatly appretiated

9420pullpan

CAT D7E (eletric); Can anyone tell me about these units, We have read about them but none have been delivered to Australia yet, probly next 2or3 years before we will see one down under Cheers Leroy:drinkup

I worked for a local dealership at the time the D7E came out, i am also an operator by trade.
My first impression of this machine was positive, with the electric drive and conventional tracks make it unique, the machine i ran had a mechanical angle blade (pipeline). i believe the younger generation will pick it up a lil easier than the older generation due to the response of the machine blade is Extremely sensitive! The visibility out the sides is very good but i you are use to running a similar machine like an D8T with the little window in the center its a change bc you are use to looking out that window to see where you are going. on the D7E you are constantly leaning to the side to look forward. We had 2 machine on the job and both of them had broken glass on one of these doors bc they are soo big they end up swinging around with a lil wind. I think it will find its place but the blade sensitivity has to have a couple settings like the K series.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
The title of this thread obviously lures inexperienced HEF users to post questions about CAT stuff in general. It was started by a member seeking input on CAT itself having an online forum, not as a catch-all thread for questions pertaining to CAT products. Since it long ago fulfilled the purpose for which it was started, I think we can do without the ongoing confusion it seems to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.