• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar D6C sticking steering valve

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Well finally got it done and right. The feller that overhauled my transmission forgot a gear. The one that slides over the through shaft for the CCU. Ties the planetaries to the transfer gears, only about 16" long and 3" around. Anyways... it will drive through the brakes in 2nd.

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Not like its his first. He's been at if for 35 years and grew up in a caterpillar junkyard. It was kind of a bad situation. Work on it for a few hours, need parts, wait a few days situations. I didn't pay over a grand for the torque and trans labor, got scared when I got the bill. The next one is going to be on me as after seeing the inside and understanding how they work it's fairly simple inside. I did the gearcase as that is straightforward as in the book also. NO WAY would I want to tackle a project like this without a genuine parts and service book.