• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 329D/E

r00t

uhm... do ya think it's gonna look like this?
Or is ist just a D-series with a E-series cab? :beatsme

Attachments

• 329D-1.jpg
    329D-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 4,839

sultan

uhm... do ya think it's gonna look like this?
Or is ist just a D-series with a E-series cab? :beatsme

I'm not sure but I think it's just a stock newer D series. I heard that the newest D series coming off the production line have the new cab. I've seen a 312DL with that cab too.

Lee-online

We just got a new 324D in today with the new cab. It doesn't have a boom or stick so I'm not sure what the deal is.

YELLOMTLMILITIA

The new cab is a reinforced ISO 12117 compliant structure. It is supposed to limit cab deformation in the event of a rollover. Sound level is reduced by
1Db
3% more head room

Improved pressurization and sealing with 11% more glass and ground level service for cab air filter.

dynahoescott

For the life of me I cant figure out what they have against catwalks, made life simpler andpromotes maintenance. But sure go ahead and put a worthless computer in them, makes no sense what so ever. It sure seems cat is confusing motion and progress

sultan

For the life of me I cant figure out what they have against catwalks, made life simpler andpromotes maintenance. But sure go ahead and put a worthless computer in them, makes no sense what so ever. It sure seems cat is confusing motion and progress

As much as I love the old 200 series hoes, I don't think catwalks are necessary on the 329. Everything is already accessible from ground level or from on top of the machine. Catwalks would be nice on a 336, and they ought to be there on a 345, but I can live with it.

As for the computers, I like the reliability and power of computer free machines, and for my kind of work, I would have preferred a computer-free machine (I have a modern fully computerized Deere). However, computers do provide some advantages - mainly improved fuel efficiency and the ability to do smoothly perform more than two functions simultaneously. I guess the computers were necessary to compete in foreign markets where fuel is more expensive (such as europe).

dynahoescott

computerization,

As much as I love the old 200 series hoes, I don't think catwalks are necessary on the 329. Everything is already accessible from ground level or from on top of the machine. Catwalks would be nice on a 336, and they ought to be there on a 345, but I can live with it.

As for the computers, I like the reliability and power of computer free machines, and for my kind of work, I would have preferred a computer-free machine (I have a modern fully computerized Deere). However, computers do provide some advantages - mainly improved fuel efficiency and the ability to do smoothly perform more than two functions simultaneously. I guess the computers were necessary to compete in foreign markets where fuel is more expensive (such as europe).

With all due respect, I didnt have any trouble at all being smooth or combining functions on any of the older rigs with out computers. As a matter of fact with newer rigs being so light in the rear end the older rigs(225 dlc and such) grade just as well and with less concentration needed. Just my opinnion but I feel strongly about it:pointhead