• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 324e track adjuster

cric8192

Has anyone resealed this style of adjuster without removing the recoil spring?

I’ve done bigger E excavators like 336 where the track adjuster is 2 bolts direct to track frame but this style seems to be integral with the recoil spring.

Thanks

cric8192

PNW01871

Step 1 is remove spring but they group the assembly disassembly for the recoil and adjuster in 1 article. Not sure if it is necessarily required.
IMG_0628.jpeg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Step 1 is remove spring but they group the assembly disassembly for the recoil and adjuster in 1 article. Not sure if it is necessarily required.
What I see from the illustration is that if you want to get access to the backup ring (3) and O-Ring seal (4) then you have no alternative other than to remove the recoil spring and the rod (1) in order to get at them. If all you want to do is replace the piston seals on the track adjuster (5) it appears to be a separate item and comes out from the other end of the assembly.

1709232162775.png

cric8192

What I see from the illustration is that if you want to get access to the backup ring (3) and O-Ring seal (4) then you have no alternative other than to remove the recoil spring and the rod (1) in order to get at them. If all you want to do is replace the piston seals on the track adjuster (5) it appears to be a separate item and comes out from the other end of the assembly.

View attachment 306692
Ok thank you for this explanation.