• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat track loader purchase

ippielb

Meteorite??

I wish, id be rich. It's just a big bloody rock. Looks like the glaciers came through here and dragged over top of or dragged these rocks because they have fairly flat surfaces. I found another one today that has a table top flat face on it. If he doesn't want these rocks im gonna take them home. See if a landscaping place will want them.

ippielb

land cleared.jpg
Well, guess he's cleared enough for this year, left my machine there yesterday. But worked out to have cleared 25.87 acres of land, averaging between 1/4 and 1/3 acre per hour. Here's a google images shot of what i all did. Tomorrow i'm going to be taking my breaking disc there for him to use breaking the land i just did, and then I'm going to take my rock rake there after so we can try it out. Going to give him a little promotion to try it out for a little bit to see if it works for him then give him the option to rent it out. Either way i get to see if it does what i want it to or not. That way i can either rent it out, or sell it to free up some money.

104679.77 m² | 0.10 km² | 25.87 acres | 10.47 hectares | 1126763.67 feet² | 0.04 square miles | 0.03 square nautical miles

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Need here is to rent a mid sized Ex and remove some overgrowth trees, build some brush piles and burn under snowfall during winter. Have several old fence row buildups of cedars where have steel in them and worthless for anything but a burn pile. Also have several groves of Honey Locust that just Need To Go Away!! Would rent a loader but the Ex would take less time. Also need to get FSA(Our Farm Service Admin) out to review a erosion ditch along a property line fence, see what they can do for the two properties IF can do anything financially.

Once the locust are down and burned the roots will sapling up, a good round of Pasture Clear or the Trifecta 2-4-D, Tordon and Crossbow mixed pint pint pint to 15 gallon water to eradicate them.

ippielb

164ADD15-AB5D-4ECB-BC9E-1F50441FD5CF.jpeg
Rented out my breaking disc to the land owner. He’s pulling it with his little tractor 375 Steiger, their big tractor is a 550 Steiger. Discs seems to work good in the bush land I cleared. Really cuts up the roots. Can hear the rocks that I missed though.

ippielb

A4993C90-05E0-4D90-830F-2DDEA8F39FB4.jpeg
got my disc back and picked up those rocks. Killed another deck board ugh Can see it at the back there. Did get a few rocks though lol see if landscaping places might want them or if I sold them to some city people haha

ippielb

Long time no post, was so busy this summer working on the farm, being laid up with a bad back, then harvesting all fall. Finally got back in the saddle and cleared more land. On the same land as last year. I Cleared another 27 acres, just picked up my machinery today. If you're curious to see how it went, i recorded them on youtube and made a playlist.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2rt0B7ATPKUbfPDq3zsFnxtAAju1wSGO

ippielb

land.jpg
The bush down at the bottom took me a few days to complete. Was a pretty good chunk of land. But it did open up a huge amount of easy acres. The bottom is 7.21 aces I made 3 burn piles with 7 acres of trees. You could imagine the piles are, rather large. haha.

ippielb

Just finished another job

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2rt0B7ATPKVUEQHjRO3dHEli4IctaDHP

One thing i did notice, is that fuel consumption is going up. High idling now gets a slight fuel haze out of the exhaust. Which it never use to do. Air filters are cleaned after every job. And were just recently replaced 320 hours ago, along with the fuel filter. I use to be able to push my luck and get 12 hours out of a tank of fuel. Now i'm pushing it for 11.

ippielb

Sounds as have a nozzle or more going south. Easier getting them out and checked now then after eat a piston from washout.
When i say slight fuel haze, i mean the only time you can see it is if it is directly in the sunlight. If its cloudy you cant see it. It's not blue, or white, it's greyish black soot.

Welder Dave

Would make sense if fuel consumption is up. I don't diesel varies much other than winter and summer blend. Gas on the other hand seems to vary quite a bit on fuel consumption. I think they alter the additives and it can make quite a difference.

ippielb

Still suspect a nozzle not atomizing properly
Would it be from injectors being worn? Or dirty, i have taken out my LB7 Duramax injectors disassembled and cleaned in my ultrasonic cleaner to get by. But if the injector is straight worn out not much one can do unless there is a source for new replacement parts. Bosch has a stranglehold on the manufacturing for the LB7 injectors i couldn't find replacement ball and seat in the injector. So had to buy new injectors. I've also noticed that cold weather starting has gotten a little harder. This 3306 has been the best cold starting diesel ive seen. Use to fire up first rotation. But now it takes a second or two of cranking and chugs a little when cold.
Would make sense if fuel consumption is up. I don't diesel varies much other than winter and summer blend. Gas on the other hand seems to vary quite a bit on fuel consumption. I think they alter the additives and it can make quite a difference.
In my truck i notice almost 10% difference in fuel consumption summer vs winter fuel. But my comparisons are both between winter fuel.

Last edited:

Oxbow

Would it be from injectors being worn? Or dirty, i have taken out my LB7 Duramax injectors disassembled and cleaned in my ultrasonic cleaner to get by. But if the injector is straight worn out not much one can do unless there is a source for new replacement parts. Bosch has a stranglehold on the manufacturing for the LB7 injectors i couldn't find replacement ball and seat in the injector. So had to buy new injectors. I've also noticed that cold weather starting has gotten a little harder. This 3306 has been the best cold starting diesel ive seen. Use to fire up first rotation. But now it takes a second or two of cranking and chugs a little when cold.

In my truck i notice almost 10% difference in fuel consumption summer vs winter fuel. But my comparisons are both between winter fuel.
3306 uses nozzles rather than electronic injectors. They have a pop-off pressure of something like 2500 psi. With age they sometimes pop early or don't close completely. The orifices also tend to get bored out a bit with age, which changes the spray pattern and doesn't atomize the fuel as well, but they tend to run strong.

I believe pulling the nozzles and having a pop-off test done might be a good idea, or just replace them as the labor cost will have been paid for at that point.

ippielb

3306 uses nozzles rather than electronic injectors. They have a pop-off pressure of something like 2500 psi. With age they sometimes pop early or don't close completely. The orifices also tend to get bored out a bit with age, which changes the spray pattern and doesn't atomize the fuel as well, but they tend to run strong.

I believe pulling the nozzles and having a pop-off test done might be a good idea, or just replace them as the labor cost will have been paid for at that point.

I was thinking that the nozzle tip would get worn over time. Being high idle for 10-12 hours a day when I run it, a lot harder then a light vehicle’s highway cruise speeds.

Pulling the injectors on the engine doesn’t look bad at all. Access is the issue though. Double line nuts, and injector hold downs. Then a 90 degree pry bar wiggle them out. Way easier then an LB7 duramax. It’ll have to wait till spring. I don’t plan on taking any more jobs this winter with the frost already 6-10” down. Temperatures are going down to highs of -18*C from now on it appears. And I don’t have a shop big enough to work on it in.