• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat skidsteers

TERM101

A guy I know has a couple of smaller cat rubber tire skid steers. I think from late 90'2 up to mid 2000 models. Can anyone give me some of the pros and cons of cat skid steers? Ive never owned one made by cat however, I do have have 2 case machines 450CT and 1845C and im convinced ill never buy another case machine.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
I have seen in other post most cat owners suggest getting a " B " model or newer . What problems have you had with your case?

TERM101

Well the 1845C has been put through the paces..chains always breaking or coming off and such but other than that its a pretty good machine. The 450 is constantly developing a new leak somewhere EVERY day, had to replace both front idlers...you name it and it has happend with this machine. We were going to fix the 1845 but a guy we were putting a road in the other day for said he had a couple a smaller cat machines for sale. I told him we would like to look at them, but I havent had time to go yet and was just curious of some of the problems cat machines may be having.