• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT SIS

Fairfieldcounty

Looking for some information on Cat SIS.

Will this provide me with troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures? for example. get a code, look it up in sis, and then retrieve diagnostic procedure for wiring and sensor?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Will this provide me with troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures? for example. get a code, look it up in sis, and then retrieve diagnostic procedure for wiring and sensor?
The correct answer is - "It ought to, but it depends".........
In theory every Diagnostic Code that your machine throws up should be listed in the Troubleshooting section in SIS under your Serial Nnumber.
However that is not always the case. Things take time to update, certain new Diagnostic Codes don't get included under a specific Serial Number range for whatever reason, etc, etc ......

A lot depends on the access you get to SIS via your local dealer. If they only give you access under your particular machine Serial Number then you have to cross your fingers that all the Codes you may need will be listed.

If you have an "all models" access then you can search the complete product line to see if a particular Diagnostic Code appears under any model not just yours. That's what I have to do quite frequently when looking for stuff on SIS.

Fairfieldcounty

The correct answer is - "It ought to, but it depends".........
In theory every Diagnostic Code that your machine throws up should be listed in the Troubleshooting section in SIS under your Serial Nnumber.
However that is not always the case. Things take time to update, certain new Diagnostic Codes don't get included under a specific Serial Number range for whatever reason, etc, etc ......

A lot depends on the access you get to SIS via your local dealer. If they only give you access under your particular machine Serial Number then you have to cross your fingers that all the Codes you may need will be listed.

If you have an "all models" access then you can search the complete product line to see if a particular Diagnostic Code appears under any model not just yours. That's what I have to do quite frequently when looking for stuff on SIS.

I needed up pulling the trigger and got an an serial numbers access code. im learning how to navigate it currently. its not the easiest system to use but im getting through it. Ive encountered a code I can't find in the troubleshooting section. well, I found the code but can't find the dpf regeneration levels procedure that it calls for. frustrating. 3701-0 says we need ET for manual regeneration but I found that the After treatment sensor plug has completely melted and shorted. Need to address that before moving forward at that point.

SIS was helpful with 5 other machines with that have electrical issues ie. sensors, wiring etc. found a couple bad wires by having diagnostic procedures to check the wiring. All in all seemed like a good move for us as we only run CAT equipment at this point.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
if you haven't done it already, try this...........
Go to SIS main page. Do NOT select a Serial Number.
Click on "Advanced Full Text Search". You are now in a mode where it searches the whole system.
Highlight both Troubleshooting & Testing & Adjusting (just in case). Click on one, hold the CTRL key down plus click to select the 2nd.
upload_2020-12-29_16-15-17.png
Click Search........
upload_2020-12-29_16-15-50.png

Expand one or other of the hyperlinks and look at the bottom of the list - Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
It should take you to this.........

upload_2020-12-29_16-17-35.png

All the info is listed in "Regeneration Levels of the DPF" but you need ET so be able to look at the DPF Performance screen.