• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat saves the Deere

Auctioneerhere

Sometime's guys just want to play...then they buy there own equipment.

I bought a backhoe for our auction business to do all the little projects our local pro's can't make money on & are unwilling to do.

We also use it as a load out machine, so it has a couple purposes.

farm_boy

Deere saves the Cat

Its not always the Deere that needs saving!! Sometimes its the Cat's @ss that is getting saved:eek:

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00025.jpg
    Imported Photos 00025.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 772
  • Imported Photos 00022 (Small).jpg
    Imported Photos 00022 (Small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 769

RKO

Just like someone else said everyone had to start somewere. We have a few 2nd and 3rd generation contractors in our area and they dont like it when anyone else in the county buys there own machine. There have been some very sucesful contractors around here that bought there first machine to do there own work and were smart enugh to learn fast and turn it in to a profitible buisness. They may not have had Dad and Granps so fall back on for advise but they learned the hard way and were smart and made it work. There have also been some thad had to have farm sales because they couldnt make it work.
It realy iratates me when someone thinks because they have a buisness that provides a service you should have to hire them to do your work. It is a free country. If this guy isnt smart enugh to learn fast you will have his buisness back in a short time. If he is smart you will be bidding aginst him before long.
A friend of mine who farms 6000 acres was setting aside $50000 a year for dozer work he bought his own machine 2 years ago hired a part time opperator and with his saveings from not hireing all his work done he has been haveing us put in 30 to $50,000 in drainige tile I have no problem giveing him advise and helping him and we still get his buisness.

SE-Ia Cowman
You could of not hit it on the head better.
I started doing construction work because a local contractor took me to the cleaners not once but twice. Bad on me for the second time. I bought my first dozer and never had it on my own land. So the next year I bought a second dozer, and that is how I got in the business. The contractor that took me to the cleaners, was so mad that I started doing business and taking away business from him that he took me to court. I won and that made him even more madder, He finally sold out a few years later. The farmers in this area are fairly large so for them to buy their own dozer or excavator is a good choice for most. It's not that hard to learn and run a dozer or excavator right. Most farmers are very capable of learning. Second most have me do their service / repair work and have me find a machine for them, so It has given me different work. Times change and to make it in this world you need to adapt to a changing world.