• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat OEM General Duty vs Heavy Duty CTL Tracks

Bestweld

It's time for tracks for a 259D3, so I was at the Cat dealer today and got a quote.

They are running a deal on their 'general duty' that includes the labor for installing them for about $1400.00 less than the 'heavy duty' block pattern, tracks only, which came on the machine originally.

Reading the brochure from cat it is obvious that these are intended to be at a price point to contend with aftermarket and they last for less hours than the 'heavy duty', but how many hours less? https://www.kellytractor.com/eng/pr...e/Rubber-Track/CTL-General-Duty-FAQ-Sheet.pdf

I have read about people getting 1200 to 1500 out of the OEM Bridgestone heavy duty tracks, does anybody have any first hand experience with the general duty? How many hours are people getting out of them?

I personally like the block pattern better, but for the money, I would use the other.

I currently use the machine on dirt only, for dirt work, building pads for metal building slabs. I do not put a lot of hours on a machine. I had a 236B3 that I put ~500 hrs on in 5 years. Although the hours/year may increase, because my son is wanting to start trying to get some other work with it. I'm in Texas, so no need for traction in snow and currently don't really work in the mud.

Attachments

• 1715382006162.png
    1715382006162.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-05-10 180501.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-10 180501.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 4

ozarkag

We sell OE Bridgestone, but seems the only people that request those are the commercial operators that have it down to dollars per hour. Or maybe simply want the best. Most customers are happy with a premium aftermarket track. I have no experience with those Cat ones, be interesting to know who makes them.