• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat hydraulic valve?

Welder Dave

I saw 2 new hyd. valve blocks at an auction. They were stamped Cat 458-0448 -00. Is this a valid Cat part and what is it used for/on?

Welder Dave

Thanks Ahart! There's also a bunch of assorted air filters for Cat and JD machines as well as 4 side plates for track chains. Don't know what good the side plates would be and would have to run all the part number to figure out what machines the filters are for. I'd imagine the hyd. valves are a small fortune to buy from Cat. but I don't know anyone with a 794 that might need one. LoL I am bidding on a welder and some welding cable. I made $300 in 3 days on the last welder I bought and this is a much better welder. A Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC single phase with cables and running gear. The seperate cable could go with another welder I'm selling in the spring, a Miller Big 40 with a Continental F163 engine. It runs like a top.
I think with the 1st welder I bought and sold fast, it helped that I posted a pic. of a really nice 7018 weld and offered a welding lesson. Will have to wait and see what the Miller goes for.

Last edited:

Welder Dave

Very odd there's 2 of them in the same auction. Wonder if Finning is getting rid of some old stock or it's from one of the coal mines that closed.