• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat G series EMS troubles

Queenslander

The EMS panel on our 12G, (3WC01837), suddenly died just recently.. no lights or alarm, even on the test switch.
After working through the test procedure, the service manual indicated that the monitor needed to be replaced.
Installed a reman unit from Cat... all lights now work on the test switch, but no alarm.
With ignition on, relevant lights flash but still no alarm... on start up, all lights disappear including the brake air pressure indicator.
On every G series machine I've been near, the alarm and brake light remain until the system pressurises.
On engine shut down the alarm sounds briefly, as it always has.
I'am wondering if these things are programmable in any way or will I have to live with what I have?