• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6D

Prep

Occupation
Operating Engineer, Local 18
Thanks for posting the D6D picture, It made me smile as I thought back to the days of my youth spent cleaning drilling mud out of the belly pans of these dozers.:rolleyes:
My after school job was to power wash the dozers when they were brought back to the shop after filling in reserve pits at well sites in Oklahoma. No better way to learn about equipment then to have to clean and service them.

In the Eighties the D6D was the oil field tractor of choice for Oklahoma.Set up was as pictured with full cab and winch. Some guys would add a piece of steel across the top of the blade to help carry a little more dirt and to protect the hydraulic lines for the blade tilt that came out out the radiator guard.

D5G

Wow, thats a really cool picture, I love the old cat dozers. thanks for posting!

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
D6d

Hi D6C10K.
Interesting the D6D in that auction is a sister to mine. Its 31X3628 and mines 31X3620. One went to the top of the world from japan and the other to the bottom of the world.
Cheeers Merv:drinkup