• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat d4g

Moonlite

Ser hydo2415. Is the orfice tube located at evaporator core? If so is it accessible without pulling the cab. I tried to look up orfice tube in the cat parts catalog, but apparently they call it something else or I’m doing something wrong. Can look up other stuff. Just not that

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Try expansion valve
The system on the D4G is not an expansion valve system.
Ser hydo2415. Is the orfice tube located at evaporator core? If so is it accessible without pulling the cab. I tried to look up orfice tube in the cat parts catalog, but apparently they call it something else or I’m doing something wrong. Can look up other stuff. Just not that
The orifice tube is located inside the accumulator and is not serviceable.
In systems where the orifice tube is located inside the inline dryer it is often serviceable, but you don't have that type of system.
You need a 186-6190 Accumulator.

Moonlite

The system on the D4G is not an expansion valve system.
The orifice tube is located inside the accumulator and is not serviceable.
In systems where the orifice tube is located inside the inline dryer it is often serviceable, but you don't have that type of system.
You need a 186-6190 Accumulator.
Thanks for the help.

Moonlite

Well gotta pull the cab on this one after all. Got new compressor, condenser and accumulater. Was flushing system out and I can’t get anything through the evap core.