• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 966B looking to install a more comfy seat??

petercat966

Like the title states,
looking for possible solutions to updating the original seat in a 966B. As many of you know who have operated an older Cat loader for an extended period of time the seat can become very uncomfortable. I was wondering if any one has any experience with updating the original stock seat w a newer one for better comfort???
Thanks in advance

Peter

surfer-joe

The newer CAT seats are much more comfortable than those in the B model. If you are capable, you ought to be able to take the old seat out and replace it with a newer one. Check with salvage yards in your area to see what is available. Check with your local CAT house too, compare pricing on new and used seat assemblies. Don't forget, you will need the mounting brackets.

Good Luck!

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
A new seat

petercat you just have to have a nearby junkyard around. My buddie,
local junkyard, they get a lot of new stuff and after they sell most of the
good stuff then its the crusher. Things like seats and plastic are only a
nusance, he gave me two of these I put in my Cat, talk about comfort
just had to drill a few extra holes but what a difference.

Attachments

• new seat.jpg
    new seat.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 386

2stagefanWI

Lol what a great solution! Awesome price FREE, reusing materials to be sustainable, and some great looking comfort. Do you have any more pictures of this cat loader? :drinkup The joystick configuration looks very interesting.

Turbo21835

Lol what a great solution! Awesome price FREE, reusing materials to be sustainable, and some great looking comfort. Do you have any more pictures of this cat loader? :drinkup The joystick configuration looks very interesting.

Looks to be a 200 series cat excavator

2stagefanWI

Yea, i guess i was pretty wrong about it being a loader- i can see the excavator's boom right on the side of the cab! Thanks for identifying that one for me turbo.