• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 955L saved from being paperclips. Looking for help on tensioners and injectors.

D5Dan

Kb9tci - thank you VERY much for documenting (with pics!!) the various projects you tackled!!! What a great read!!!
And gives me a glimpse into the “joys” I’m about to have on rehab’n a ‘67 D5, which “only” shows 1035 on service meter...to be cont...

kb9tci

Thanks for taking the time to check out my little story! I definitely learned a wealth of knowledge along the way with this great little community. Good luck on your endeavors! There is quite a collection of information along with many masters of the trade (myself excluded) that is invaluable.

Kb9tci - thank you VERY much for documenting (with pics!!) the various projects you tackled!!! What a great read!!!
And gives me a glimpse into the “joys” I’m about to have on rehab’n a ‘67 D5, which “only” shows 1035 on service meter...to be cont...

kb9tci

I came searching for this thread because I knew it had some photos I wanted for a reply elsewhere.
Is the tractor still earning its keep.?
Nige! I hope all is well! I have strayed away too far from HEF with the busy time of life. I am actually on the computer ordering filters for the machine, and I decided to come back to my roots of where my CAT journey started by paying a visit here. The ol' 955L is still in use at the premises, stored inside a cozy barn when not in demand, surrounded by a bunch of Oliver tractors while it hibernates. I actually just brought it out to grease it and get the fuel primer replaced, as it started leaking this winter and lost prime. I am putting it to use this week to help a neighbor get a 100+ year old oak tree off of one of his outbuildings after our last wind storm. I will try and snag a picture or two.