• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 955L pinion bearings, steering clutches and undercarriage oh my!

workshoprat92

It's a shame we don't live closer, might go in together for this guys 955 to get some parts off of. I need some guards, and who knows maybe some other stuff. My guess is this guy blew an engine or transmission and wants to part it out

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8947707

I have seen this one listed many times. There is something wrong with the listing. I dont see any way that can be a 1981 machine with a D5 undercarriage. I dont think they were putting the D5 UC on them that late in the game. besides that it would have a different rops much like the 13x series machines. I think this to be a mid to early 70's vintage. Wouldnt work for me as i need one with the D6 undercarriage. I think the steering clutch case and finals are all different.