• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 955h 60A transmissoin oil

JakeHarrington

i have a cat 955h see:60A track loader that i just got running after it sat for probably 20 years.

the machine started and ran great but at first the tracks had no movement but you could here the engine bog down when you moved the shifter. the converter oil gauge said it had great pressure. after like 10 minutes of shifting forward and reverse everything started working properly.
it has a power shift transmission and the oil on the dip stick looks really thick. i want to change that oil. does any one know what type of oil this takes and how much of it?
also is there converter oil and then also tranny oil?
drains and fill locations for all this?

any other recommendations for thing that i should look at before running this old ?

Thank you in advance
Jake

AllDodge

Haven't been under the hood of the H model, and the torque converter should be part of the transmission. Here is where my locations are.
Transmission and Differential are side by side under the plate in front of the seat.
Final drive is a 3/4 drive pipe plug at the rear of the machine just inside from the track on each side

Tried looking up your machine at CAT but I'm not seeing anything other then the serial number range