• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 951-C in my sights

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Both of the Cats, the D4-E and the 951-C are in good shape and ready to go to work. I'll just need to keep the batteries tended until spring. the dozer is a straight shift and may be a hand full, but I think I should be able to handle it by spring. The loader should be no problem. I still have plans to pull the plug on that lake and clean it out come spring. I want to build a boat dock while it is down and re stock with fish when it comes back to the full level. The grand kids will enjoy it fore years to come.

Welder Dave

Wishing you the best but take it easy for awhile. Let your body recover. I know people who have went back to work without letting much less severe surgeries heal and then have problems later on because of it. You don't want to end up back in the hospital. The work can wait till you're feeling better.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
I have the restored 1948 Ford F-i that I enjoy showing at the car shows, but I have always wanted a 1955 Chevy. So, when I got out of the hospital I started searching. I wanted a rotisserie resto mod, and I found just what I was looking for. It is immaculate. PS, 4 wheel PB, Cold air, all new tinted windows, perfect sound system, Australian leather interior, power seats, electric wipers, California bumpers, fresh blue and grey paint. Dakota digital dash, tilt steering column, ford 9" differential, dropped spindles, Foose 18' wheels, and you can eat off of the underside. She has a corvette LS-1 fuel injected engine with a 4L70-E overdrive transmission. It is a best of show winner.

I am in the process of having a trailer hitch custom made for it and will have a aluminum trailer custom made to pull two handicap scooters that will come in handy at the car shows. I expect that December 3rd will fly by like a fart in a whirlwind.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
I was climbing down from the dump truck yesterday. I had the grab bar with my right hand and the door lever in my left hand and when I stepped backward, the door lever broke. Seemed like I fell for five minutes. I hit the pavement with my left elbow first, then my sore ass, smashing my colostomy bag in the process. That is what I call a bad day at the office.

In December my pacemaker defibrillator battery will be depleted and I will get a new unit with later technology.
They are also considering a reversal the colostomy in January, after the wounds heal, if it can in fact be done at all. I should be good to go in the spring. Life is good guys, enjoy every minute of it.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Good idea Welder Dave, but I did spend a full month after coming home watching re run westerns on the TV. That got old quick. I kind of think the only way to regain some of what has been lost is to get busy with something meaningful. Physical therapy sucks, when the same energy could be spent on an interesting project.

It is not like I have to really work anymore. The VA takes very good care of me now days.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Warning, these pictures are graphic !

If your doctor reccomends Jardiance for your heart disease and diabetes, remember what you see here, and refuse the medication. The side effect of the medication is Fournier's Gangrene. I was not expected to survive this emergency surgery. This is what I now have to heal from. That gloved hand is squeesing my bladder to empty it. The other picture is of skin graft doner sites on my thighs. This may well end my heavy equipment operating days, but I am fighting it with everything that I have.We will see in the spring!

Do your research as Jardiance is identified under several other names.

Attachments

• InkedER pic_LI.jpg
    InkedER pic_LI.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Bilateral Thighs, Skingraft Sites, Fournier's Gangrene.jpg
    Bilateral Thighs, Skingraft Sites, Fournier's Gangrene.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Tags

You are quite an amazingly positive and strong willed fella Nitelite. I'm sorry you and your family had to go through this, but it doesn't seem like you've missed a beat and I couldn't be happier to see that you had posted today. I know a lot of "men" that would call it a day if they got a splinter....keep on keeping on!

colson04

Best wishes during your recovery. I can only imagine what the last few months have been like. Glad to see you're keeping yourself busy and active with what you love. Beautiful car, that'll be a fun one to show off.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Nitelite, I've been a bit scarce at times here myself but just saw your posts. Wish I was close by so I could offer you physical help on this project, Guess all I can offer at this time is emotional help. Keep up the good fight
Ken in NY!