• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 950 Loader Question

rmckenna

Can anyone tell me what year this 950 loader is? My friend was tols it was a 1966 when he bought it, but we are not sure. I don't have the serial number with me and was wondering if you could tell by the photos. I need to get a new windshield wiper motor for it and was wondering if the motors changed much from year to year.IMG_0009 (Small).JPGIMG_0012 (Small).JPG

Diagonal Brace

Clean machine

Should have a Bosch wiper assembly which were common to a lot of equipment.

A good jobber should be able to fix you up or even a salvage yard.

Caterpillar would be pretty proud of it I'm sure if you could sort out the serial number.

Single lever transmission control? Guessing newer than 66

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Machine that looks that nice and there is no S/N tag? Look on side of front frame, I believe right side but check both, above the point where the steering cylinder pin is located. Many times even if the tag is missing the numbers are stamped in the frame. Also is there a tag on the engine? Many of the older Cats used the same S/N for the engine and machine.