• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 910

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
I don't have any idea that is specific to a 910; but some pumps need to be timed by an injection shop/service, and will be given to you with the pump 'locked', by a friction bolt, in the proper timing, and you install it as such. Absent that, for some of those pumps, i.e. Bosch rotary distributer pumps, there is a crude field expedient of using low pressure fuel feeding the pump, an electric lift pump, and turning the pump shaft very slowly and finding the position where fuel stops leaking/dripping form the no. 1 injector line. (the procedure is more complicated that what I wrote. good instructions can be found online wuth google.)

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Have a S/N off the engine? Or Machine? And maybe a picture of the pump?

I took a quick look in SIS and there are 10 different serial number prefix and not sure how many variations in each of those.

Last edited:

Buckshot76

The s#of my 910 is 80u9022 ifixed the timing cover oil leak now she don't run go figure lot of white smoke no fire

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Ok, so it's a 3204 engine. You need to get hold of a 5P0143 Timing Plate somehow. That plate bolts on the back of the timing cover using the same bolts as the injection pump and holds the gear in the correct position while you tighten the bolt that holds the gear from the front side of the cover. I don't see any way of installing the accessory drive housing in the correct place without it, unless someone else knows a work-around.