• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 627/657 Pic Post

992G

The last two 657E's that came off the line "5YR655 and 656 before switching to the G series.

Attachments

• Cat 182.jpg
    Cat 182.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,022
  • Cat 183.jpg
    Cat 183.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,005
  • Cat 184.jpg
    Cat 184.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,015

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
thats a set of manly earth movers for sure:drinkup i think with the changes they made on the looks of the g the e looks alot tougher, good pics. did they come from the factory with those sideboards?

Last edited:

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i got thinking about my lasst post, there was a time when i thought b & c model scrapers looked toughest, the e when it came out looked tinny and breakable, ide be buzzin around on my 37c and see a new e come through the job, and think what a waist, cab,stereo climate control who would want that, how could you ever see anything from inside a cab, how could you breathe? now ide have a hard time goin back:beatsme and that was just in the early 90s

Last edited:

992G

thats a set of manly earth movers for sure:drinkup i think with the changes they made on the looks of the g the e looks alot tougher, good pics. did they come from the factory with those sideboards?

I am almost positive they come from the factory with those side boards, I belive it is an option. I still like the looks of the E versus the G. Also like the 3412 and 3408 engines in the 57E versus the C18 and C15 in the 57G.

Would like to know how the power is of the 57G versus the 57E? Anyone who has run both and has a story or two to tell, would love to hear about it.

Dug Overburden

Occupation
trucker
657E w/ factory installed sideboards

I have never seen factory installed sideboards. All have been dealer or contractor built. If Gavin 84W can help he may know as he works for a cat dealer.

Dug

I am almost positive they come from the factory with those side boards, I belive it is an option. I still like the looks of the E versus the G. Also like the 3412 and 3408 engines in the 57E versus the C18 and C15 in the 57G.

Would like to know how the power is of the 57G versus the 57E? Anyone who has run both and has a story or two to tell, would love to hear about it.

992G

Dug,
I knew something just did not click about the sideboards, glad I did not bet on it. Just looked at Peterson's web site, and it shows that these are dealer installed. Along with many other modifications to the bowl.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
at least when they come from the factory they are usually modified to handle the bigger loads, built up necks and stuff

Kenny R

The last two 657E's that came off the line "5YR655 and 656 before switching to the G series.

Good old STICE's machines... Here's some pics of the last time they were working...

Attachments

• DSC02329.jpg
    DSC02329.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,987
  • DSC02338.jpg
    DSC02338.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,961
  • DSC02335.jpg
    DSC02335.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,874

hiballer627

Random Pictures!

Attachments

• broke bale.jpg
    broke bale.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,450
  • buried.jpg
    buried.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,325
  • Line.jpg
    Line.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,327
  • 27County.jpg
    27County.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,327
  • loaded.jpg
    loaded.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,316

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Holy crap Hiballer.... you mean MAP actually uses some of their equipment? :drinkup

Mass-X

When dirt bosses allow things like picture #3 (from post #33) and operators are so "skilled" as to do things like what's shown in picture #2 (from post #33), I guess you have the right combination to break the bail on a machine as new as a 657G.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
When dirt bosses allow things like picture #3 (from post #33) and operators are so "skilled" as to do things like what's shown in picture #2 (from post #33), I guess you have the right combination to break the bail on a machine as new as a 657G.

Ahhh don't worry about it Mass-X....MAP is just a Sureway wanna be. Within a year or two they will be just another division of The Sureway Group of companies.

t3chw00di

That pic of the buggy with the broken bail.....something just doesn't look right to me. It looks to small to be a 57. Looks more like a 27 with a 57 sticker on it. I could be wrong though.....getting old and need glasses. :)

Gavin84w

Look, at the end of the day you can hook as many as you want up but what is the use of having 3-4 fully loaded scrapers hooked when they could be roaring to the fill and making money, bails and hooks are not designed for it and the extra coordination required just fries brains even more than they are for scraper drivers!! I have seen 6 637G hooked and you could literally see the guys lower the bowl into the shale and fill it in a tractor length or less, makes for good pics but 2 together is plenty.

Can't understand why people exceed design limits like this and with them stupid sideboards they run in California and then wonder why hitches, draft arms, tyres, chassis and operators all get beat up.