• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 615c series2

Kkkk

My ems system constantly flashes like the panel test switch is turned on. I just bought this pan and the panel test rocker switch is not there. The plug is still there I found in console and tried to plug the windshield wiper plug into it to see if that would stop it with no luck. Any ides or help al functions seem to work fine other then the dash looks like a Christmas tree flashing. 9xg00463 serial #

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-200331_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-200331_Messages.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 23

Dave Neubert

Is the wiring at the switch wired together or panel is bad it is a simple system that uses switches to activate each warning

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The plug is still there I found in console and tried to plug the windshield wiper plug into it to see if that would stop it with no luck
Wiper switch is wired way different to the EMS test switch.
If the switch is missing try getting a new one. Part Number is 3E-7164.
I would suggest before you install a replacement that you check the electrical connector in the machine harness where the switch should be installed for any signs of damage or "modification" by the previous owner.

Kkkk

Thank you waiting on the switch to come in. In the mean time how do you tighten elevator chain. Can't find any grease fitting like on some of our old international. There is an idler with bolts that looks like it has a few more positions would that be it? And what's the best tightness to be at ? Thanks so much
Wiper switch is wired way different to the EMS test switch.
If the switch is missing try getting a new one. Part Number is 3E-7164.
I would suggest before you install a replacement that you check the electrical connector in the machine harness where the switch should be installed for any signs of damage or "modification" by the previous owner.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I think an Operation & Maintenance Manual would be extremely useful to you. I imagine that the paper one in the pocket behind the seat has long gone.
The O&M can be downloaded in pdf format from Cat for $49.
Go to - https://catpublications.com/
When the popup appears click on "continue as Guest"
Type SEBU6588 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. Paper & CD versions are subject to S&H charges, a pdf download is usually available within 5 minutes.
upload_2022-2-9_18-47-56.png

Attached extracts from the O&M regarding the elevator system.

Attachments

• Elevator Chain.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 15

Kkkk

I think an Operation & Maintenance Manual would be extremely useful to you. I imagine that the paper one in the pocket behind the seat has long gone.
Type SEBU6588 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. Paper & CD versions are subject to S&H charges, a pdf download is usually available within 5 minutes.
View attachment 253601

View attachment 253601

Thanks so much. I looked under the panel and I guess the person before me kept the jack any idea on that part Number or suggestion on rigging something up to be able to change tension?