• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 615c series 2

Kkkk

My hour meter on the cluster doesn't seem to be working. All the other gauges are I believe its the rpm gauge in it as well. I checked fuses and all seemed good. Any ideas of what else to check for to see if it's something simple? Is it powered by a timer or oil switch or what? Thanks so much

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The hour meter signal comes from the tachometer speed sensor so I assume the tacho is not working either.
You'll need to check:-
1. That the speed sensor #23A is correctly adjusted and that the tip of it is not dirty. Remove the sensor, clean the tip, screw it back down carefully until it touches the fylwheel ring gear, then back it off half a turn and tighten the locknut.
2. Continuity in wire # 450 Yellow from the tach sensor to the gaiuge cluster. It goes through at least two major harness connectors between the sender and the dash panel.

I'll send you a copy of the electrical schematic.

upload_2022-3-22_0-2-20.png

Reactions: DB2