• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 450E backhoe action light flashing......

Ntenss1

The red ! light started flashing on my backhoe. I used it for several weeks daily and then didn't use it for about a week, after about 5 min of warm up the light started flashing, no beeper just the light, I shut it down and cycled the key switch three times and the glow plug light flashed several times, then the oil light flashed and the glow plug light flashed 9 times and stopped the unit has low hours less than 1200 and oil level was full, changed the oil and filter and same thing. I cant find anything in the service manual about retrieving action codes this way and not sure if it is even possible with this machine. looking for a direction to go, will purchase cat et if I need to but of course prefer not to. can anyone shed any light on my dilemma? I appreciate your time and efforts. Thank you