• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 416c sensor location

ttazzman

I am having a heck of a time locating the Torque Converter oil temp sensor on the machine ....and in my manual ....and my parts book.....(do see it represented in the wiring schematic but thats all i can find)

Gage used to work now its not.....i know its there somewhere....maybe Nige with his computer version might have a clue

SN4zn02129

location?
part no?

one of those things i am almost embarassed to ask about

ttazzman

Does your schematic look like this? If so, pro tip. The part number is right there; 4W9972.
View attachment 208215

Here it is in on the machine. #6.

View attachment 208216

i kinda need a PRO kick in the arse...... my schmatic is a bit different it does show the part number .....and the location you show is the same as my parts manual exactly (i had looked at that page several times and mistook that sender for the coolant temp sender)

i must have been having a senior moment

thank you sir...