• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 385's Part 2

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
my new favorite thread, lol. :notworthy:drinkup:D

great pics by all, nkh, I recognize the company name decals on most of yours (ESS, DKG, Mac...) but the blue triangle one. Who is that?

*edit.. here are a few from my archives, guess the resizer is still on the fritz, so I'll just like to my imageshack*
http://a.imageshack.us/img135/3808/aicat385blme21xs7.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img518/4746/hkcat385bl7402ap5.jpg[/QUOTE

JimBruce, I have seen some of your videos of 345 LME's and thought I would share some photos of some I have seen recently. I know they are not 385's but I don't think anyone will care. We rented one last year and I wish I had got some pics of it but I didn't. The operator loved it though and said it ate our komatsu 400's up.

Thanks, They seem to work pretty well for us. Though I think the few we have left are starting to get up in hours. There's a 385 video somewhere in my videos, just look for the one with all the youtube operators complaining about it being too fast:rolleyes:

You guys got some wicked looking buckets on your hoe's (345 and 385). What kind are they?:drinkup Thanks again for sharing

nkh111

They are called rock pro buckets and they are garage. They were fairly cheap and they wanted to try them out. The 345 one is not bad but the 385 one is not as easy to load because of the shape and is constantly needing welding because it keeps cracking all over.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
We're supposed to be posting 385 pictures? Hmmmm I don't think I have ever taken a pic of one of those. How about videos?

YouTube - Caterpillar 385B LME

Attachments

• n514111152_141016_1307.jpg
    n514111152_141016_1307.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2,482

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Rock pro buckets, what's the yardage on them? We have olympic or olympian or something like that buckets. The 345 buckets are technically 4.88, but after the side cutters and teeth they tend to have a closer avg. of 5 yards.

nkh111

I don't know the yardage on the 345 but the 385 is 9.5 but probly over 10 easily if you heap it. I know in dirt 3 buckets fill a 740

nkh111

We're supposed to be posting 385 pictures? Hmmmm I don't think I have ever taken a pic of one of those. How about videos?

YouTube - Caterpillar 385B LME[/QUOT

would love to see any more pictures of you guys laying pipe with those big hoes. I mainly work on a pipe crew and we rarely get to use a 385 as a mainline machine. seems you guys only use a 385 which must be nice.

JDOFMEMI

I don't know the yardage on the 345 but the 385 is 9.5 but probly over 10 easily if you heap it. I know in dirt 3 buckets fill a 740

Those 385 buckets look like what I run on a 375. Your right, 3 passes for a 40 tonner will load a lot of trucks in a day.

I have a couple of good pictures of it, but can't seem to get them posted. I have always just loaded by copying the

hvy 1ton

I have a couple of good pictures of it, but can't seem to get them posted. I have always just loaded by copying the tag from Photobucket, but now HEF won't accept it that way.[/QUOTE]

That change happened a quiet while back. Either post the links to the pics in photobucket or upload and attach them through the forum.