• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 322B Computer

nickbowers

Hi,
I have a cat 322b with a faulty computer, cant find one in Australia and $4k for a new one and have to order it in from the US.
Does anyone know if the computer out of a 320b or 325b would be the same?
Or know any wreckers over seas that are willing to post to Australia that would have one?
Cheers,
Nick

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Which "computer" are you talking about..? Cab monitor or the electronic control down by the operator's seat...? A Machine Serial Number (or even the S/N prefix) would also be handy.

The electronic control on the cab floor is unique to 322B. Obivously it is flashed with the required software to operate only that particular model.

heymccall

Yes, what happened? I had 6 322B's at one time. Have one left, fully operational. ONLY computer issues ever were with the Auxiliary Hydraulic Controller, mounted under the air cleaner housing. And, they can be bypassed, for diagnosing everything but the auxiliary hydraulics.

Oh, and the standard, "my machine's not working right" because my thermos has tripped the computer override switch behind the RH console.

UrParts

we have a computer from a 320B. What is the part number on your and I will check it against ours. We can send it to Oz no problem.