• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 315C flyin high no kidding!

Ross

Not something you see everyday. :dizzy

I would have taken the ride up with the machine.

Best views around town and beats the stairs. (not to keen on lifts)

Ross

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Very nice, and something you don't see everyday.

Here in Norway we don't have so many skyscrapers to excavate on.

But when we build powerlines its not unusual to fly an excavater.
Problem is the Bell 214 doesn't lift the exc in one piece....
I spent a summer in a Kobelco 903 working on the powerlines, wasn't nessecery for me to move by air that summer...though.

But you demont the stick, fly it.
Demount the boom, fly it.
Demount all but 4 bolts on the mainbearing, connect to the chopper, take out the last bolts and fly the mainpart.
At last you fly the undercarrige.
Then you fly yourself in a smaller copter to the mounting site.
Chopper lifts the mainpart and puts it on the undercarrige. Those pilots are extremely skilled. Fit that mainpart to the undercarrige with a helicopter!:eek:
Boom and stick mounted last with the chopper.

On shorter moves you use your tracks. They fly your tools anyway.
Normaly u have a compressor, barrack, toolscontainer, timber, iron and fueltank.
Everything moved with the chopper.

You work in two or tree teams together. One on each powerpole/post. Move when u have finished a post.
Got a lot of passenger time in a chopper that sumer.:D

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF magnets! :drinkup

Where bouts in Georgia are you from?

magnets

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to HEF magnets! :drinkup
Where bouts in Georgia are you from?

Welcome to HEF magnets.

Thanks for the welcome.

Since it looks like you've been around the business and web for awhile I would appreciate your input.

What websites are most frequented when the excavator buyer wants to compare prices on a used excavator? It looks like machinerytrader and rockanddirt are two. Is catused.com another? How about point2.com? What others are the top listing websites for excavators.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo

I from a little town right outside of Macon myself.

What websites are most frequented when the excavator buyer wants to compare prices on a used excavator? It looks like machinerytrader and rockanddirt are two. Is catused.com another? How about point2.com? What others are the top listing websites for excavators.

Thanks!

The sites you and Wrenchbender listed are some of the best ones. Are you looking to buy one from one of the sites or are you buying local and just need price comparisons?