• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312 won't spin

Shovelworks

Hello, My 2000 model year 312 BL won't spin. I think it is either the solonoid on the turn motor or the sensor that tells the solonoid to release the brake. I did realize that it was heat related. It started doing this last week. I would be running it for a while and it would stop turning. I let it sit for a half hour or so and it is normal again. I run it for a while and again it stops turning. Today it stopped and after letting it sit a couple hours it still won't turn. Whatever was on it's way out... is now done. Any thoughts. Jeff

Shovelworks

Serial # is 8JR01751 and yes the swing brake is activated.. it will not swing. I don't know what fine swing is so I can only assume it does not have it.

CAT385

when you move the joy STICK TO SWING, ECM SEND CURRENT TO SOLINOID WHICH IS MOUNTED ON THE SWING MOTOR TO RELEASE THE PARKING BARKE.
IF SWING BRAKE IS NOT RELEASING FOLLWING COULD BE POSSIBLE
1.PILOT PRESURE TO THE SWING BRAKE SOLINOID IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO BLOCKED NFC ORIFICE
2 SOLINOID COULD BE THE FAILED
3.WIRENS FROM MACHINE ECM TO SWING SOILNOID IS DEFECTIVE (WHICH CAN BE CONFIRMED FEOM ACTIVE FAULT CODE LIST).
OR
SWING DRIVE COULD HAVE MECHANICAL FAILURE