• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 307

ajackson

Hi folks im wondering if someone could help with a problem im having with my 307 cat

i have one track that runs slower than the other shes had this problem for a while now but didnt really bother me till now as im doing alot of tracking

im hoping i can adjust this at the pump or somewhere ive renewed the final drive oils but made no difference

hope someone can help cheers alan

bobin35

my guess is the hydraulic rotary connection seals are bad,how bad does it misstrack?

Underdog

I have a Cat 305CR. One track was a lot weaker, slower. It was the adjusting screw under the travel handle. Where the handle bolts to the track valve on the floor, unbolt the handle, remove. there is a Allen stud inside a jam nut, adjust accordingly.
NOW your machine may be different but Everyone told me I needed a new travel motor as it was worn out, BS.

ajackson

hey guys thanks for the quick reply

she tracks very badly forward and just a little better backwards it has had this fault for years but as i said i just put up with it

about 8 months ago i had to replace the final drive unit on the side that is slow because the gearing broke up due to a seized bearing and i hoped that that was the fault but the new one just tracks at the same speed

bobin where might i find the rotary connection seals so i can check them

and underdog thanks ill need to check the travel valves are the allen screws would i be able to get to them by removing the guard under the cab

cheers again guys

bobin35

they are in the center of the machine they connect the hoses from the upper to the carbody

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
One must always check the drive lever controls first. More than once I have seen dirt build up under the components of the drive lever valves and limit their movement.

One question I have, the drive that is slower, does it still have good power? Can you still turn the machine from dead still using that track?