• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 299D2 XHP attachment function problem

Wilj

Hi all,

I have a problem with my CTL.

I have a 3rd party MC box grader run from Leica. I have a 14pin connector plugged in to the CAT for the raise, lower on left and right of the grader which is by the buttons on the joysticks.

My problem is I have lost the function of the top left button which is left of grader raise. A couple weeks ago it been running fine apart from I noticed if the hydraulic flow wasn't on the grader would engage the flow and raise the grader just by that button.

Am I looking at the grader for having a fault or should I be looking at the CTL? I don't see how the grader wiring would tell the CTL to pump hydraulics on the attachment button?

TIA

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
You have the electrical schematic. For a start have you checked the wiring for all the buttons on the joysticks that control grader functions.?
From memory there are 12-pin harness plugs directly below the joysticks, unplug there and check for continuity (or not as the case may be) on the appproriate pairs of wires as you press & release all the buttons.

Wilj

@Nige I don’t have the electrical schematic for the CTL it’s the d5 I have.

Just to clarify. Machine serial DX204
The high flow pins K&N to Pin B?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I don’t have the electrical schematic for the CTL it’s the d5 I have.
I’ll send you one.
Just to clarify. Machine serial DX204
The high flow pins K&N to Pin B?
It should only need jumpering between two pins (K & B) to engage HF. All the ECM needs to see is ground on the Blue wire C460 for it to trigger HF. Below an extract from the DX2 schematic.

EDIT: If you want SUPER HF then you also need to jumper Pin N to Pin B.
Question: Does your grader attachment actually REQUIRE Super HF.?

1714485373475.png

Last edited:

Wilj

Thanks @Nige

I heard that there was 2 high flows
1)
I’ll send you one.

It should only need jumpering between two pins (K & B) to engage HF. All the ECM needs to see is ground on the Blue wire C460 for it to trigger HF. Below an extract from the DX2 schematic.

EDIT: If you want SUPER HF then you also need to jumper Pin N to Pin B.
Question: Does your grader attachment actually REQUIRE Super HF.?

View attachment 311289
thank you. The high flow on the grader is required as it runs more effectively I find and also I have an additional hydraulic block on it for a power rake attachment which fits on the front of the grader.

The super hi flow is required for forestry mulcher and also a Meri crusher

Wilj

Hi @Nige
Just to clarify. For super high flow, is it pins “B,K & N”?

Or just pins “N to B”?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have never seen heard of a grader box requiring high flow. I cant imagine why it would ever need that, your going to be dead heading 40 gpm, I would bet that the hyd temps are going to get high running up against relief.

Wilj

I have never seen heard of a grader box requiring high flow. I cant imagine why it would ever need that, your going to be dead heading 40 gpm, I would bet that the hyd temps are going to get high running up against relief.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 4

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have the same Sharp Grade box. I don't have the rock rake on the front, but I do have other rock rakes still not sure how spinning it faster does anything but increase wear. I am not sure how many GPM your machine makes at standard aux, mine make 24 GPM at the standard aux. works just fine, but whatever floats your boat.