• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 299 xhd slow track

ray4406

this thing pulls to the right it really goes right when travelling and pushing 2 speed to go to rabbit in slow speed it tracks pretty straight. in rabbit it goes to the right forward or reverse. it does the same in low speed just barely noticable. have calibrated the the pump solenoids and no difference. any help would be great.

Stick Pro

Had the same problem with our 299 d, it would not track straight in high. We took it to cat and they said there was a update on the drive motors. They put two new updated drive motors on her and she goes straight as an arrow in booth gears. Cat paid for all the repairs, just had to have our machine down for a few days.

ray4406

me too

as a twist of fate the finning rep showed up this morning before I read this and after a heated discussion he decided to check and low and behold the motors and three other updates appeared, no charge :) thanks for the quick answer/ help . I kinda wanted to tear into it to find the actual part that was failing I like to know to help with future diagnosis and repair

Stick Pro

What other updates does your machine have. I am surprised it took your dealership that long to find out the drive motor update, our dealership had that solution in no time. Does your machine have the quick tach, ours had a update on that also.

ray4406

Dealer support is poor at best they don't want to help until you say you are looking at purchases of a different color . Just finished the pin bearing rebuild on the next one . test drove it and it does the same thing but to the left.