• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 279C Issues

rust buster

You guys have helped me out of jams before so I am turning to you again.
CAT 279C with 4900 hours. I moved in November and the CAT made moving all my crap much easier. It has mainly sat since mid November and I went to start it last weekend. It's been a very mild winter here in Northern VA.
It started but was running rough. The water separator under the filter had some slush in it so I emptied that out, put in fresh fuel. It would start, run rough, then eventually stall out anywhere from 2-15 minutes of rough idling.
Thought maybe I had some fuel gelling in the filter so I got a new filter, filled half with Diesel 911 and the rest with diesel and had the same issues. After many hours of running and stalling, it now won't start at all. Cranks and attempts to start but never catches. Little bit of white smoked puffs out of the exhaust when cranking.
Thoughts? Do I have air in the lines, crap in the lines? What would next steps be?
Priming pump is working.
Thank you!