• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 272D XHP

RonL

I'm A newbie as far as skid steers are concerned. I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible. Anyone have experience with the Cat 272D XHP? Any tips. Things to do. Things not to do. Things to look out for.

RonL

Digdeep

I have an old customer that traded in two S330s for 272D XHPs for his cold planing and hasn't looked back. He said there is no comparison on the hydraulic performance or cooling. I have been in a few D series, but not a 272D (same cabs) and they are nice cabs with very good A/C and pressurization. I'm others will chime in. Good luck with your choice.

Jfarris

I just picked up a used 272D non XHP. I'm not a fan of rubber tired skid steers, but I'm impressed with the power of the machine. I'm going to upgrade to the digital display so that I can adjust my hydraulic response settings, but the XHP should already have that. Put it to work, and don't look back. I have no regrets purchasing it.