• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 252b3 squealing

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry to ask but you never mentioned the level. Symptoms indicate possibly sucking air in the pump inlet. There is a large diameter hose from the base of the hydraulic tank to the pump (marked 12 in the diagram) secured by a hose clamp at each end. Are the clamps tight..? You will most likely need the cab up to gain access to this hose.

252B3 Pump Lines.PNG

Nige

Please be VERY careful if running the machine with the cab up. I got word of a fatal accident on a skid steer only this week where a mechanic who was testing a machine with the engine running and the cab up caught his coveralls on a control lever and the hydraulic movement crushed him.

Jimww

I start up the machine it squeals until hydraulic pressure builds up then it stop until I start to drive it and only when driving not when using arms and bucket. Is this normal ??

Nige

Hydraulic pressure should be up within 1-2 seconds of starting the engine. Is this how long the noise lasts for when you first start up..? If the noise was related to the hydraulic system I would expect it to make the noise both travelling and also when using the bucket functions.

Jimww

Only makes noise 2 to 3 second when you start it and when you start to drive then stops when you stop

Jimww

Does any know anything about theses machines two they have to separate pumps to the bucket and to the drive ??