• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 206B Help

Brent Allen

I have a wheeled cat 206B excavator.... Had issues with hydraulics and sent hydraulic pump away to be rebuilt. Works great as it would stall the engine when deadheading hydraulic cylinders. Now no issues. Problem is that I have no strength in the drive of the wheels... Any help would be appreciated.

Brent Allen

A Serial Number would be a good start. Should start with 9BF followed by 5 digits.
Wheeled excavator knowledge is a bit short on the ground everywhere you look. There weren't many of them ever sold.
Details:
Cat 206B FT
Number: 9BF00091
Engine: 3114T
Serial # 2FG00786

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There is no case drain flow specification for the drive motor that I can see.
The swing motor case drain specification is 4.5 litres/minute maximum, so the propel motor won't be so much different.

A couple of questions:
1. How handy are you with tools and do you have pressure gauges for testing.?
2. Are you sure the parking brakes are releasing correctly.?
3. Do you have any warnings pop up on the panel when you try to move the machine.?

Attached the System Operation & the testing modules from the Service Manual

Attachments

• Propel & Brake SysOp.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Propel & Brake T&A.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 1

Brent Allen

There is no case drain flow specification for the drive motor that I can see.
The swing motor case drain specification is 4.5 litres/minute maximum, so the propel motor won't be so much different.

A couple of questions:
1. How handy are you with tools and do you have pressure gauges for testing.?
2. Are you sure the parking brakes are releasing correctly.?
3. Do you have any warnings pop up on the panel when you try to move the machine.?

Attached the System Operation & the testing modules from the Service Manual

1. I am handy with tools but don't have guages.
2. Parking brakes work properly
3. No warnings.

Flat ground there is no problem, but any incline (even very small) it doesn't have the power to move even under the turtle setting or I drive setting.
The only way I can switch into fast gear II is if I am going down a hill.

StevenG

This is a long shot, but I've had excavators that had so much dirt and crud jammed up in them you couldn't get full movement of the travel pedals. Make sure everything is free and clear of the linkages.

Brent Allen

the pedals do move all the way, i will check though..... If I am dead level it will move no problem and go faster the more I push on the pedal

Brent Allen

the pedals do move all the way, i will check though..... If I am dead level it will move no problem and go faster the more I push on the pedal
Sorry as I am very new at working on excavators... I appreciate your time. Can you describe what I can do in simple terms.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry as I am very new at working on excavators.
I take it that you have only recently acquired this machine.?

Going back to what you said initially about the hydraulic pump having to be rebuilt. What maintenance did you do on the hydraulic system at the time you replaced the pump.? Change oil.? Change filters.? If yes, how many filters did you change.? What type & grade of hydraulic oil is in it.?

Also do you have the Operation & Maintenance Manual.? It normally lives in the pocket behind the seat but in a machine the age of yours it could well be long gone by now. If that's the case all is not lost, a replacement in pdf format can be downloaded from Cat Publications for $49. The publication reference is SEBU6326.