• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case1845C chain adjustment

caseaddict01

I just bought a late model 1845C, and I'm new to the world of skid-steers so I have a couple of questions. The machine has 1955 hours on it and it runs and looks great, but of course with it being used I'm going through and changing all the fluids/filters and basically just getting maintenance up to date. I've head a lot about the drive chains and oil, seems like a pretty basic adjustment to make, am I correct in saying that?? Also other than just checking the chain
adjustment and oil are there any signs/symptoms that the machine will show durning operation that I should be aware of??? Thanks

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Yes, chains are basic. Adjust them (3 ea side) so there is about 1" deflection & just cover the botom chain with oil, 8-10litres each & don't forget to grease cluster shaft (in the middle of chaincase) & axles.
Check axles for end float - adjust with castlated nut in the chaincase.
You'll get to know normal sounds & feel as you get more time operating.
Keep an eye on park brake cables - replace if frayed.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yes, chains are basic. Adjust them (3 ea side) so there is about 1" deflection & just cover the botom chain with oil, 8-10litres each & don't forget to grease cluster shaft (in the middle of chaincase) & axles.
Check axles for end float - adjust with castlated nut in the chaincase.
You'll get to know normal sounds & feel as you get more time operating.
Keep an eye on park brake cables - replace if frayed.

I would add keep the area under the foot pan clean. That will help with keeping the cables an pullys for the pin brake system working properly.