• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case W14b

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
I know may of you arent case fans but i got a good deql on this one and it has 1700 original hrs, i want to gt a rake for it if it will handle it, what would this size loader compare to, like a jd444, is it a waste of time to use this for land clearing, only have small pine tree stumps and small trees, i rented a jd650j and it walked through them with ease, mostly want the loader to clean up withm but would be nice if it would push the stumps up. any info appreciated, thanks

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
They were a pretty good loader in their day,the only problem was having to ride on the front half of the articulation like all other Cases and Houghs of that era instead of the rear half like the rest of the world.You never do get used to it in my opinion and I have run them for years.Mechanically they were robust with no real surprises that I know of.
I think they were about the size of a 75 Michigan.Ron G