• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case tr270 aux no working?

Brimfarms

Just got me a 2011 case tr270 with 1000 hrs on it. Seems to be a pretty good tight machine. I am having a problem with the aux (standard flow) hydraulics not working. I can roll the toggle up or down and they will work, but if I move the loader up it instantly kills the aux and I will have to reset machine before they will even try to come back on. I can pretty much work on anything if I have some direction to go with. Thanks for any help.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Its very likely that your joystick wires are broken. Common issue, due to poor wire routing. When you install a new joystick handle/repair old one, wrap the wire around the base once. You may not visibly see the wires damaged, because they will be broken inside the insulation.

Dmcdevin

Search for posts by jnb. I seemed to remember him have the same issue and posting on here about it. Pretty sure it was a joystick issue

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
My TR320 did that and it was the joystick.

Brimfarms

It is all pointing that direction. I went out today and the float didn't work either. It has been working fine till now. Is it something that I can see to fix usually or do I just have to buy the whole joystick and replace it as a whole unit.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You might be able to doctor it, but if you were to take it in, they would put a new handle on it. Price is about $500 I think if I remember right.

Brimfarms

All fixed

Swapped the joystick out today. Works perfect now. Thanks for all the help. Saved me a ton of money from having to take to dealership and them trying to figure out what's wrong. I knew it is a common problem when I went in there and they had one in stock. Thanks again