• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case - can’t figure out hydraulic hose fitting part numbers in parts manual

480C

I gave a 480c. I probably need to replace most hydraulic hoses :-(.

I have the service/parts manual but can’t find anything that matches the fitting numbers in the manual. Here’s an example. For the boom hydraulic hoses the call out 220-198 and 220-252 fittings. Any advice on how to find what these are?

Thanks!

clueless2

When your parts book was printed, Case dealers that made up hoses in their shops used those part numbers when a new hose was made.
IF they used Case OEM fittings.
The numbers are pretty much obsolete and useless now as far as I know.

480C

Thanks all who responded.

There’s an O’reilly in town that makes hoses but will probably be about $100 per hose. I need to replace about 18 hoses, so $$$. think if I use discount hydraulic hoses I can get them for much less. Trying to get all hoses done for about $1k if possible. Was also trying to avoid sending all the hoses to them in the mail. Maybe if I take the hoses off I can measure them and determine which connectors.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Post a picture of one of the adapter fittings, we'll likely be able to tell you what it is, then it's just a matter of size

480C

Will do. The machine is at my camp and will be up there next week. Will take some picks then. Thanks!

480C

I know a lot of variables but what would you expect for a decent quality hose? Assuming maybe a 4’ length?

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Where is your camp?
I can make your hoses on the cheap.
For the Case 480 they are most JCB’s and a couple of ORBS’s.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Whelp, I’m in Southern NH and you have to pass me by on 93 to get there.
Used to live in Waterbury Conn, when I first got married.
We can work something out with hoses if you want to re-hose machine.
Discount Hydraulics will make your hoses all custom lengths for a reasonable price, you will have to buy a JCB, ORBS identification card for cheap or just copy someones info on them to identify each end, then order correct length.
I got so sick of ordering the wrong hoses, I just bought my own hose machine.

480C

Thanks so much Harley Happy! I would really appreciate the help.

Small world. I live in Woodbury CT.

Let me start getting the hoses off and I’ll let you know how things are going. Probably will happen of the next couple of months. Thanks!

edgephoto

@480C I get my Cat hoses made up in Wallingford. American Industrial Rubber 20 N. Plains Industrial Suite 20, Wallingford, CT. Bring cash. He makes them on the spot for much less if you pay cash and don't ask for a receipt.

I mean seriously cheaper than anywhere else. I had 3 hoses for my Cat made. about 4 foot each. He said $100. I thought he meant for each. It was for all three.

480C

@480C I get my Cat hoses made up in Wallingford. American Industrial Rubber 20 N. Plains Industrial Suite 20, Wallingford, CT. Bring cash. He makes them on the spot for much less if you pay cash and don't ask for a receipt.

I mean seriously cheaper than anywhere else. I had 3 hoses for my Cat made. about 4 foot each. He said $100. I thought he meant for each. It was for all three.
The funny thing is I bought the machine from my brother who lives in Wallingford! In retrospect I should have let if there and worked on it there, got it in good shape, THEN transported it north. Oh well, hindsight is…

edgephoto

I live in Staford but my machine sits at my brother's shop in Cheshire. If I can ever get time to work on it I will finish this forever project. I want to start clearing my land to build a house

480C

I didn’t get to work on the 480 much when I was at camp. Don’t ask :-(.

Anyway, I did get some pics of the hose ends. These two are used on quite a few of the hoses. Can anyone ID these?

I only got one hose off so far. Most of the swivels are rusted and don’t move. Also, I don’t have the array of tools up there yet that I have a home. Will go up better prepared next time!

IMG_6118.pngIMG_6119.png

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Those are JIC fittings, you will have most like that sizes 6 to 12 and you will have 2 or 3 ORBS. Those go directly to the cylinder with an o-ring.
As long as the tapered seats are okay and they usually are, they will seat fine.
I would have JIC caps and plugs ready and just take off a couple hoses at a time, plug and cap what’s needed and have them made up.
Do as many as your comfortable with and pick up small multi colored zip ties to help with hose orientation.
Both available at Amazon.